Midwest Church Planting

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Generous Orthodoxy I

I started reading a Generous Orthodoxy. In chapter 1, McLaren describes the Seven Jesuses I Have Known. It was an interesting way to describe seven theological constructs that people use for their Christianity. I know that I have to be able to shift between Catholic, charismatic, and evangelical views every day as I talk to people. They all see Jesus differently. He ends the chapter without much resolution.

Chapter 2 is Jesus and God B. I thought it was another common difference I see every day between people who see God as non-involved or personally involved. Even then, there is a lot of poor theology that confuses.

I'm eager to read more because I feel like McLaren is clearing the playing field a bit so that we can lay down more easily what we do believe. Thanks Fran for the suggestion because I wouldn't have gotten to this book for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home