Midwest Church Planting

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Glocalnet Conference

Just returned from the Glocalnet conference at Northwoods Church in Keller, TX. Once again, I was blown away. Their approach is simple but powerful. They have three focuses.

1. Nation building -- Pick a hard place in the world and work there -- They say over and over if you aren't working globally, you won't be successful locally. For me, going global would free up some of the fears I have locally. I'm assuming that when faced with global issues, local issues won't seem as challenging to change. Attitudes about resources will be change.

2. Community Development -- Partner with your community to meeting real and serious needs.

3. Church Multiplication -- daughter churches.

Their internal focus remains firmly on Jesus and the imminent need for a relationship with Him. I always come away from this conference brimming with desire to go and change the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home